Sunday, December 10

Little wiggle worm...

Hi All. Anya's been doing fine the past few days. Her chorea movements has been in high gear lately. She slept pretty well from 9 last night until about 4 this morning but woke up a'wigglin. Getting up at 4 has been the norm for the past week I'd say. Why didn't any of my kids get my sleeping-in gene?

Her overall health has been good. We met with Dr. Dioullard, an Ayurvedic doc on Friday who offered a program to help with her excessive mucus. He seemed very knowledgeable. I wish I could tell you what he all said but it was a bit beyond my level of comprehension. I understood when he said "Hello, my name is John" but everything after that was over my head. Katie could probably tell you; she's good at that stuff. I will say that what he told us about what is going on in her body and how and why it is responding the way it is, made sense, but I don't get why or how the herbs he prescribed will help that. But then.. it's not my job to know. It's his. Just like I don't get how or why phenobarbital or topamax or prevacid or the countless other drugs she's had works (or should I say, didn't work).

We started the first prescribed herb, Manjitsha and Colostrum the minute we got home Friday, and I will say (although I know it is too early to tell for sure as she does fluctuate) her mucus production, and therefore her 'gargling' and the amount we're suctioning her, has seemed greatly reduced. Fingers crossed.

No comments: