Monday, August 27

8/27 Update...

I just wanted to give a quick update here.  Since the last entry Anya did have one more episode last Wednesday (8/22).  It was different thought, she just puked once in the late morning but got herenergy back right away and seemed to do okay. Then around 4:30 she did it again...  No big deal I suppose. 
 
I appoligize for not offering more updates sooner. It's been a busy couple weeks with not much action as far as Anya's concern (no progress nor regression).  I do have a lot to say jut not the time to write it all.  I feel like we've learned a lot recently.  The USAAA (autism) conference was in denver a couple weeks ago and although we couldn't attend do to a lack of childcare we did get copies of several of the speakers presentations.  The was a lot on biomedicine and hyperbarics.  Very good stuff.. Now I just wish we had an autistic kid...
 
Anya had a swallow study done this morning that she did okay on (I'm being generous by giving it an "okay").  She asperated quite a bit and didn't show any good consistant swallows. She also unfortunately didn't cough with each aspiration which is not a good normal response.  On the bright side our speech therapist was there and felt Anya offer some good other clues on when she ishaving a hard time.
 
Other than that, all is well...
 

No comments: